How do you set yourself up for success? First, know yourself, and then trust yourself!Read More
In Step 1, I talked about setting goals and the importance of positive self-talk. To illustrate step 2, I'll use the example goal from my last post:
Goal: I plan on being in the best health and physical condition I can possibly be, in one year.
Now that your goal is set, you need to decide what actions you need to take to reach that goal. For example:
Action Steps to Reach My Goal
1. Call ROMAN and schedule a Fitness Assessment. See how smart you are already?! This will determine your current fitness level vs. your goal fitness level or condition.
2. Research! Start by reading my manual. Really spend time considering how you can incorporate nutrition and lifestyle changes into your life to help reach your goal.
3. Find 30 minutes twice a week to strength train with ROMAN. Preferably, the same days, at the same time to help develop a routine.
3. Go to the grocery so I can begin the "Head Start" nutrition program. Understanding proper nutrition is just as important as working out - especially if you're trying to lose body fat!.
4. Find two days a week to do a half hour of hard, HARD, cardio. Three times a week is better, but let's not be overly enthusiastic and burn out to fast.
5. Get a massage! Research shows the health benefits of massage is comprehensive - especially in conjunction with an exercise program. Massage can speed muscle recovery and help prevent injury, which means reaching your goal as fast as possible!
6. Stay positive! This takes work, I know. Try reading Pscho-cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz for encouragement - it worked for me!
Ok, let's begin our journey by clearly defining our goal. Maxwell Maltz, author of Psycho-Cybernetics, said, "The most important things I say are the things I say to myself."
For me, I plan on being in the best health and physical condition I can possibly be, in one year.
Say that out loud. Really, own up to it. Say it loud and say it proud baby! This is something to be excited about!
Now, when you said that out loud what we're you really saying, and feeling inside. Was there any doubt , or other negative self talk or emotions. If so, I have something I want you to start repeating over and over daily. At least 5 times a day, for the next three months.
It is very important that you not only pay attention to your self-talk, but that you change your self talk. And if you find yourself to be REALLY negative, I want you to download something like Pandora and listen to stand up comedy once a day.
Roman Roberts L.M.T. Owner
Don't let this year be another lesson in how to fail. You know, start something all gangbusters you want to accomplish like an exercise program, and then find yourself three weeks later making excuses and not getting it done.
Failing is not a good habit to start. It will affect your entire self confidence. Don't set yourself up for failure by not doing what you need to do to get the job done. Or be honest wit yourself and admit that you know what you want, but your not sure how to get there. That's when you seek out a professional and listen to someone who has helped lots of people reach the same goals you have.
So, again, don't build a "Failure Mechanism" (Psycho-cybernetics) , by doing the same old things. Set yourself up to win by being smart, and working hard. I. E. Call ROMAN! Good Luck friends.